Re: [TenTec] OMNI VI vs. Jupiter

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OMNI VI vs. Jupiter
From: Bwana Bob <wb2vuf@qsl.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 10:11:52 -0500
I have an original  Paragon and an ICOM R-71A. How does the Paragon
compare with a Jupiter and the Drake R-8B? I also have an original
Corsair and I like it because the receiver IF seems a bit quieter than
the Paragon's especially in the presence of heavy QRN (i.e. static
crashes). The Paragon has better AGC and is great for shortwave
listening and is my choice for the digital modes.

Would there be any advantage to trading the Paragon for a Jupiter?

                        73,

                        Bob WB2VUF