Re: [TenTec] Lousy eHam review

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Lousy eHam review
From: "HUGHESRO" <ROGERH@realtracs.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 14:33:21 -0500
I have noticed as of the last few years as tt has come on strong, that the
jupe, argo, oriens are not your bubba radios. They are different, sound better,
operate better etc.. But IMHO they do require some experience to operate. I
moniterd all the msg traffic esp on Oriens. A lot of the problems came from
operater head space and timing. Did not understand dsp or how to set the radio
up. Some thought after paying that much for a rig that it should just work rite
out of the box as does most asian rigs.TT says as you buy it, please read
manual 2 times before you even cut it on. My jupe has a sound that is most
destinct and I love it. But I have a 1000mp mk 5 fd and also omni 6. The mk 5
fd has a lot of good points, but bells and whistles do not a radio make. W4IV
Roger South of Nashville, Tn.---------- Original Message ---------------------.