Re: [TenTec] OT: Antenna Problem

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT: Antenna Problem
From: "dw" <bw_dw@fastmail.fm>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 04:48:45 -0800
Over the years I have set for myself three  general rules of thumb on
coax after waisting tons of time on coax issues.
1. I Don't go cheap.  I by good quality low loss stuff.
2. I Go with the shortest length possible (use twin-lead as much as
possible)
3. I Replace it every few years with new stuff

No frustations "knock on wood!!" :)

Duane
N1BBR

On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 20:51:20 -0600, "Frank Holladay"
<holladayfd@multipro.com> said:
> I had the same type problem a few years ago and afterseveral days of
> checking EVERYTHING, I found that the coax seal and tape had failed and
> there was water in the line. Your description sounds exactly like mine!
> 73,
> Frank, K4VMO

  dw
  dw@sover.net