Re: [TenTec] Opinions wanted please about getting a second qrp rig

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Opinions wanted please about getting a second qrp rig
From: James Boswell <ka5siw@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 05:56:27 -0800 (PST)
Frank,

     Several times I have almost bought a Scout, when
I found the radio, could not find the modules, when I
found the modules, could not find the radio. Seems to
me the price of the Scouts has climbed in the past 5
years. I decided on the Argosy and added a CW filter.
Less money and 50 watts out if you want it. Most
Argosy do not have noise blankers, but if you are
parked, or portable running on battery there should
not be noise problems.
     The Argonaugt would be nice, about 2X the money.
Good hunting, 73'S  KA5SIW