Re: [TenTec] bringing up an old amp

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>,geraldj@storm.weather.net
Subject: Re: [TenTec] bringing up an old amp
From: Clark Savage Turner <csturner@kcbx.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 16:53:44 -0700
Heck, that all sounds right to me.  I'll go to the schematic and check
the values of the caps and see who has them for what price.  The amp
looks just fine, all is clean and switches look like they've not been
abused.   I've been fully QRP for a while now (well, I usually run a
full California QRP gallon at 10 watts PEP SSB, 5 watts CW) - it would
be fun to hear a real relay clicking when I push the mike key.  And
then there's the whoosh of the fan in the background.

Thanks Jerry, Thanks Ken, Steve and Stuart.  I am looking for new caps.

Clark
WA3JPG