Re: [TenTec] Balun

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Balun
From: "pfizenmayer" <pfizenmayer@qwest.net>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 13:15:53 -0700
Stuart - here is a page of interesting stuff on air wound coax baluns - if
you have not seen it -

I also used the old Boonton RX meter for years - never have found one in
decent enough shape to take a chance on - probably missed one a year ago at
a Hamfest - he wanted $50 for it but the capacitor was jammed /locked up -
and band switch was pretty hard to switch - it actually looked quote clean
outside but - I was afraid of it so mulled it while I walked around and
someone beat me to it !

Never used the HP Vector impedance meter  - we had one in the lab but I also
had access to the old HP8510 VNA which did all I needed at the time.

What I REALLY lust after is a good 50 ohm HP8753C - not in my lifetime
though -

73 de Hank K7HP .