Re: [TenTec] Gel cells

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Gel cells
From: "Gary Hoffman" <ghoffman@spacetech.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 19:25:03 -0500
I would advise care when charging this battery.

If you charge it too aggressively, you will cause too much gassing, which in
turn will force small amounts of gas out the safety vents if the
pressure/temperature get too high.

Once lost to the outside, this electrolyte cannot be replaced.

I would limit the charging voltage (and thus the current) to avoid this
issue.

Look up the details for the specific model battery you possess.