Re: [TenTec] New Firmware

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] New Firmware
From: Fotis SV8ING <sv8ing@yahoo.gr>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 11:57:16 +0000 (GMT)
Hi Wayne

I would like to say here some observations regarding Flex and TenTec.
I own the OII and I like it very much because it responds very well to my
needs-great receiver,ESSB and good processed audio.I find that TT company has
very well customer support,because everytime I contacted them I had a straight
answer about their products.Before I buy the OII
I asked them if it can handle heavily processed audio with ''lows and highs''
and they said absolutely.And they were right...When I bought it I asked them
again why the NR is almost useless (2.039d),comparing it to my Jupiter,they
told me that they are aware of that and they will fix it in future updates.

Let's see Flex.
Two of my friends bought the new Flex 5000A and they are trying to set up their
TX audio for about 7 months without success.I am speaking here not for a
 simple audio but for ESSB.
The radio cannot handle low frequencies below 100HZ no matter what you do (in
SSB mode).We have tested that, a lot of times but without success(it is easy to
check that with a spectrum).They reported that to Flex
and Flex can't even understand it.(or pretend that they don't).And of course
can't fix it.
I am not accusing here the F5K,maybe it is the best dx mashine out there or the
best receiver in the world ,but it is not suitable for Essb.The problem is that
the company doesn't
do anything about this(or doesn't want to do) and says to the customers that
everything is perfect.It is simple as that,to admit that it is not an ESSB
radio,and nobody will accuse them.(Everything I say here is checked not only by
us,but we have reports and from US hams who are in HI-FI audio).

The difference between the 2 companies is that TT speaks about the weak points
with the customers and Flex don't.Flex think that they have the super radio.
The many FW updates are always welcome for SDR radio users,as Flex do.TT is
left behind in that section...
TT has great reputation in my country.I would't say that about Flex.

73

Fotis SV8ING

GREECE

http://www.geocities.com/sv8ing/Fotis_SV8ING.html