[TenTec] bugs in Orion firmware 2.044A

To: "Ten-Tec Reflector" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] bugs in Orion firmware 2.044A
From: "Rick Borken" <rickb@cpinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 08:39:49 -0500
Here are three bugs which I have found in the recent 2.044A firmware update.
I have reported them to Ten-Tec:

The fix "fixed restoration of bandwidth when recalling USER memory" does not
work correctly in v 2.044A. It behaves differently than it did in 2.043, but
it is still incorrect.
When I recall a USER memory, the bandwidth always gets set to 1000 Hz for
CW, 2400 Hz for FSK and 100 Hz for SSB. It
does not reset to the value I tried to store in a USER memory.

When I push the RECALL button and then recall the Factory Default USER
settings, the resulting screen shows PWR set to 100, and the value of PWR
is "frozen,"
and cannot be changed in the normal way by highlighting the
value and adjusting it with the MULTI knob.

in v 2.044A, the value of "AGC Hang" is  not restored to the value stored in
the USER memory when recalling a USER memory.

73, Rick K0XB