Re: [TenTec] Looking for NB for Triton 544

To: ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Looking for NB for Triton 544
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@weather.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 20:45:37 -0500
The pulses are transformer or capacitively coupled and shape filtered in
that process which tends to be more repeatable with repetitive pulses.
There's nothing in the analog circuit other than the pulse shaping and
pulse amplification that works on repetition, but that has significant
effect making them more effective on repetitive things like ignition and
power line noise than on random events like lightning. The pulse shaping
circuits usually are not DC coupled so need repetitive pulses to center
the pulses that shut off the gate.