Re: [TenTec] RASCAL interface and the Orion 565

To: Bob McGraw - K4TAX <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] RASCAL interface and the Orion 565
From: Rick W <ve7tk@yahoo.ca>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 21:50:05 -0700 (PDT)
I assume we are discussing the pinout of the 565.  At least that's what I'm
indicating.  According to page 29 of the 565 manual:

    "Pin 5 is for future assignment"
    "Pin 7 is the FSK mark/space input."

I believe you are correct and the red cable IS connected to pin 5 and on page
28 of the manual it indicates that:

     "RED = pin 5, future assignment."

There is no connection to pin 7 via this dongle.

73,
Rick
VE7TK

Website:  http://www.ve7tk.com