Re: [TenTec] Lightning protection

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Lightning protection
From: Clayton Brantley via TenTec <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 17:52:41 -0700 (PDT)
Cecil, I have to agree with you on this.  I did a 7 channel trunking system for
our plant in Oak Ridge, TN
and we had copper sheet on the floor of the shack, a halo loop made from 1"
copper pipe around the
ceiling with copper strap bonding to the floor and 4/0 copper wire thru each
corner of the building to the
ground mat out side.  A 1/4 inch copper "window" for all cables to enter/leave
the shack.

Needless to say, we ran 24/7 without any problems.

Clayton N4EV

On Wednesday, May 14, 2014 8:34 PM, Bob McGraw - K4TAX <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>