Re: [TenTec] Eagle problem?

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Eagle problem?
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 21:06:25 -0500
My 256 ft center fed wire shows a 1.0 amp current in one leg and a 1.1 amp current in the other leg. One leg goes through the top of a tree while the other is over grass. Depending on season, leaves or no leaves there is a noticed difference in balance/unbalance but no so as to cause a problem. These measurements were done with a single Weston RF Ammeter, 0 - 2A F.S., with internal thermocouple. Measure one leg and note the current and then measure the other leg. Pretty easy What were the currents you measured? .

The balanced feed systems are much more forgiving than many realize.

73
Bob, K4TAX

----- Original Message ----- From: "Carter" <k8vt@ameritech.net>