Re: [TenTec] Merger

To: "R. Eric Sluder-W9WLW" <resluder@yahoo.com>, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Merger
From: TTMaven <jrichards@k8jhr.com>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 21:26:29 -0400
        MY WIFE SUGGESTED I BUY THE ORION II.

        MAYBE YOUR XYL NEEDS TO CALL MINE ?     ;-)

We were talking about what was available, and what could do what. We were reviewing my product matrix, and comparing features for money, and a used MINT, hardly used Orion II surfaced for a mere $2700. SHE told me to jump on it, because it could do just about anything the others could do, and nothing would be BETTER for the price - less than a new Omni VII (which I also own.)

This is the key factor - what can do BETTER for less money? They have a good track record for durability and few repairs. We almost never hear about them having a problem that cannot easily be fixed - usually with a firmware update or some little ditty - rarely do we hear of big problems.

Would another rig get you more contacts? Would it sound better? Would it really be $1,000 - $2,000 more fun? I doubt it.

IT SELLS ITSELF.

I sold my brand new Brand X rig when I put the Orion II on the desk.

Keeping the Omni VII cause it is a huge value, also, and sooooooo easy to run.

Just MY take.