Re: [TenTec] Merger

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Merger
From: Mike Chatfield <mikechat@embarqmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 07:01:50 -0500
I have been following this thread for a while. I too have an Orion II and a FTDX3000. With the exception of the DSP noise reduction on the 3000 the Orion is a FAR better receiver and rig overall.
I use the Orion II 90% of the time.
Ten-Tec needs some replacement for the Orion II, maybe a down-conversion receiver and newer DSP. Although there is a point of diminishing returns in rig design and build costs there will always be a market for High-end rigs. I still look forward to an Orion II replacement from RF Concepts / Ten-Tec. They might have more resources to do it now.

73
Mike
W0BBC