Re: [TenTec] The Next Flagship

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] The Next Flagship
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2014 22:57:50 +0200
Jim, I can't agree.  Sorry.
You are not on the same page as I am.
You push a resonant antenna, but that's a monoband antenna.
You sell the "all band dipole" much too short.

YES you are correct about its many nulls on the high bands.  They are
definitely not as bad as you make it out to be.
I've seen your current and past QTH (in Chicago).
You are a lucky man.  Compliments for making best use of the space available
for an antenna farm - especially in Chicago!

Many people, possibly most, can have just one single antenna at their QTH.
They will never have what you have or have had in the past.
Many use the non-resonant or openwire fed dipole - the one you say is not a
good antenna.

You do it a big injustice to say it is a bad antenna.
Many experts,  including W1ICP (Lew McCoy) and W4RNL (L.B. Cebik) have said
"if I could only have just one antenna, it would be the openwire fed
dipole."

My own experience: go to CQWW DX Contest,  "All Time Records" (CW).
Do a search on "DJ0IP".
I'm on the list as an all time record holder (high power assisted) in one
European country, set using this antenna that you claim does not work.  My
record has stood for over 20 years.  You don't set records with antennas
which do not work.

So yes, there are lots of better mono-band antennas, but I don't know of any
multiband antenna that works better.
If you do, PLEASE share it with us.  I will gladly be proven wrong in this
case! (hi)

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)