Re: [TenTec] The Next Flagship

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] The Next Flagship
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 12:34:58 +0200
GM Barry, (afternoon Geoff),

I was indeed speaking of the high-cost radios, not the K3.
In fact I gave the K3 as an example of a company doing it right. (modular)

Barry, I would ONLY agree with that if it is a second priority after the
mid-range box.
I'm sure lots of people would buy the high end version of the Eagle but I am
also sure 3x as many people would buy a mid-range box.

In the past, Icom offered an optional power supply module that would plug
into some of its radios, such as the IC-740.
That made it a nice, self contained box for portable use.  I really liked
that option because I used it portable quite a lot.

So how about an expansion slot which would accept either the power supply or
the ATU?
And then have an expansion cabinet with the same type of slot.
This would give users a choice and enable to configure best for their own
particular preference of operation.

As Bob pointed out, the money is in the masses but I don't think any US
company can compete in the low end now and once the Chinese penetrate the
market, it will be over for sure.  The mid-range is their juiciest
alternative.

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)