Re: [TenTec] Mega Sale Pricing

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Mega Sale Pricing
From: K8JHR <jrichards@k8jhr.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2014 20:30:19 -0400
Yes, good point, Jim. The Elecraft stuff offers more integrated with the rest of the E brand range, than when paired individually with other gear.

I got to play with a friend's full K-line station, and the degree of integration is, itself, a noteworthy feature. It must be a major factor motivating K3 owners to buy the KPA500 over, say, a less expensive, even higher power, but not integrated, MFJ solid state amp.

Oddly, I don't get the feeling Yaesu or Icom owners buy Y or I brand amplifiers to match their Y or I brand transceivers as loyally as the E brand guys buy the E brand amp and tuner. Part of that it could be price, but I suspect the there is more to it than price because many operators add an Alpha or other brand amp, rather than an I or Y brand amp, for the same or even more money. I see a lot of Y and I radios, but more often with other brand amps, whereas the E guys buy the E brand amp much of the time.