Re: [TenTec] [TenTec_Eagle] Re: Why is Eagle #2 on order?

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>, <TenTec_Eagle@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] [TenTec_Eagle] Re: Why is Eagle #2 on order?
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2014 09:19:29 -0500
Thanks Marc and others that have commented.   I have plenty of radios to use
and thanks for the offers, suggestions and such.

Yes, we suspect "wrong door delivery" as a possibility.  Hopefully some honest
person will make the effort to deliver it to the correct address or give it
back to UPS and they can straighten it out.

I along with the recipient have started going through the "lost claim"
procedure.  However, it seems that UPS can't provide us with straight or
consistent answers.  Frankly, we have determined that the UPS reps/customer
service either is not telling the truth or do not know how to query the report
or comments.  The information provided by UPS it is clearly contradictory on
several points. Yes, a signature was required but UPS couldn't provide one.
Strange.   And further strange is that two packages were to be delivered on the
same day, neither actually were received, but the UPS system shows delivery for
both at the front door at 1:18PM.

Well the SN is displayed only when the unit powers up and I do have the SN.
This unit is a very early model and there are a couple of items that are unique
and thus do not appear on later and on current production units.

I'll take the matter up personally with the local UPS office on Monday.  This
is not an "agent" or UPS store, it is the local UPS distribution center that
accepts packages from 3PM to 6PM, M - F.  We are giving their "system" a chance
to resolve the matter before I escalate the issue higher.   I do ship a number
of items by UPS, largely because of convenience.  Although  I've had few
issues, damaged merchandise or lost merchandise in the past, I do find their
resolution procedure to be a real PITA.

Thanks guys,  I'll get a new radio.  After all the other one had a few finger
prints on it so it was time to replace it.  HA!

73
Bob, K4TAX