Re: [TenTec] OT: 7300 buy back program

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT: 7300 buy back program
From: Bwana Bob <wb2vuf@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2016 22:33:30 -0400
So I shouldn't trade in my Paragon?

-Bob WB2VUF

On 8/15/2016 2:33 PM, rick@dj0ip.de wrote:
Well many of us are in similar financial situations Mike, but all of us can
read and we should just simply read what the OEM says/prints and stop dreaming.

Direct sampling is a new technology.
This is not an entry level radio, it is an entry level radio into the
state-of-the-art direct sampling world.
Simply read what they say and don't add anything to it.

"Entry level" on its own is an IC-718 for $600.

This is a great entry level radio for people wishing to become familiar with
this new technology.
It's not a contest radio (yet), and may never be.

People who replace an Eagle or OM7 with this, hoping for better performance are
shooting themselves in the foot.
People wanting to learn about the future of ham radio will be pleased with the
7300.

As always, it's horses for courses and we must all do our own due diligence.

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt, Germany)