Re: [TenTec] Source for Binaural Receiver

To: k9yc@arrl.net, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Source for Binaural Receiver
From: Doc <k0evzdoc@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2017 10:22:02 -0700
In essence it is a receiver which allows the listener to hear the sound
field in effect "floating" in the background in three-dimensional space.  I
had one, and the effect was simply stunning.  The signals in the passband
conveniently spread around in the sound field, making it very easy to
separate.  In other words, the signals as it were separate themselves, so
the listener can easily focus on the desired signal. So the sound didn't go
merely left to right, but "around".

If I had never heard one I wouldn't really understand the effect.  Sure do
miss my binaural receiver, which I accidentally lost in a move ;-( .  Hope
this helps.

73,
--Doc/K0EVZ

73,
---Doc/K0EVZ

On Sat, Dec 31, 2016 at 9:56 PM, Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
wrote:

> On Sat,12/31/2016 8:36 PM, Doc wrote:
>
>> I am looking for what's called a binaural receiver.
>>

> What's a binaural receiver?
>
> 73, Jim K9YC

Doc/K0EVZ