[TenTec] Corsair II Question

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Corsair II Question
From: Shawn Upton via TenTec <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2022 13:04:08 +0000 (UTC)
So I picked one up last weekend, supposedly gone through and all that.  Seems
to be true, as it's seemingly working--except for the drive?  If I set ALC full
clockwise, in order to get 80-90W out on 40m I have drive set to 7.5.  Seems
high?  I have an Omni C that is on the desk I'm comparing to.  I'm not
concerned a bit about "only" getting 80W, I just want to make sure that drive
needs to be this high.
Quick check shows 90W on 160m with drive at 7.75, while on 10m I get like 70W
at 8.1 on the knob.  So it's actually really flat response on the drive--maybe
I'm just too used to my Omni where drive changes "a lot" from band to band.  :)
Shawn kb1ckt