Topband: QRSS on 160m

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: QRSS on 160m
From: df2py@t-online.de (DF2PY)
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 19:45:17 +0100
Hello reflectees !
Refering to N6RK`s proposal i have a few comments.
I consider the use of the computer generated and demodulated QRSS mode on 160m
an interesting approach. Having pioneered 136 kcs with DJ8WL in Germany a few
years ago, i know about the advantage while using low efficiency antennas. The
same is true for people with a restricted antenna situation on topband.But i
would rather see this mode in a "corner" of the band and not see it counted for
a regular CW-award, as i think most of You will agree with.
73 es best DX  de wolf     -df2py-

BTW :my antenna field is flooded by about 4 feet of water now, only a single
radiator left operational- but with a great groundplane-