Re: Topband: I just want to vent (a little)

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: I just want to vent (a little)
From: N1BUG <paul@n1bug.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 05:55:40 -0500
Tree wrote:
> If a DX station has a pileup - I am not sure why you need to spot them
> anyway.  Let those who found them on their own have the first shot at
> them instead of enabling those who are better at using their mouse than
> their ears to work their DX.

I agree 100% with everything else, but must admit to mixed feelings
about this one. I have mixed feelings about spotting anyway, as it
brings out all the lids! I've often been frustrated when I find some
DX while tuning around, only to have it spotted and then a big
unruly pile ensues. I get what you are saying!

On the other hand... I'm finding it impossible these days to "be
there" all night waiting for the few I need. The solution... set an
alarm to wake me if something I need is spotted. But it only works
if there is a spot. I suppose some will call this cheating, but how
is it different than the time honored tradition of having a buddy
call you or give you a "one ringer" when something you need shows up?

> PS: All KL7RA QSOs are in LOTW.

Thanks Tree!

73,
Paul N1BUG