Re: Topband: Receive ant question

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Receive ant question
From: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 09:11:20 -0600
If the receive antenna is close to your transmit antenna then you will
want to think about front end protection in a radio that has two
receivers.  Most single receiver radios should be shorting the receive
line to ground during transmit or taking out out of line.  I don't know
with the Icom.

You may or may not need a preamp.  That is something you can add later.

Mike W0MU

J6/W0MU November 21 - December 1 2011 CQ WW DX CW
W0MU-1 CC Cluster w0mu.net

On 10/24/2011 11:40 PM, Its from Onion wrote:

> I'm looking to build and install my first beverage receive antenna.  I use a
> 756 Pro and wondering a couple questions from folks who have been there.
>
> 1. Do I need a pre-amp and if yes your suggestion.
> 2. Do I need a front end saver and your thoughts again.
>
> Thank you and
>
> 73,
> Lee
> KE4VYN