Re: Topband: Receive ant question

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Receive ant question
From: Jon Zaimes AA1K <jz73@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 09:17:52 -0400
for the years I used a TS-940S, which was prone to picking up RF on a
Beverage plugged into the RX-only input, I used a simple $2.00 Radio
Shack SPST reed relay to short out the coax at the back of the radio,
through a 47-ohm resistor to ground. this solved the RF problems. the
940 was one of the first radios to produce a key-timed 12vdc output so
this made it easy to power the relay. most newer radios have similar 12v
keyed outputs (and many have improved RF protection).

73/Jon AA1K
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK