Re: Topband: My take on ARRL 160

To: Mike Fatchett W0MU <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: My take on ARRL 160
From: Eddy Swynar <deswynar@xplornet.ca>
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2011 11:01:08 -0500
On 2011-12-04, at 10:51 AM, Mike Fatchett W0MU wrote:

> I didn't realize that 160 and all its challenges to get on this band
> with a decent xmit and receive antennas was the birthplace of new
> contesters.

hi Mike,

Well it certainly was for me!

Topband and---believe it, or not---Field Day were probably two of the biggest
contest / antenna improvement influencers in my Ham career...

When you start out in the ARRL 160n contest in the mid-70's on a university
student budget, running a Johnson Ranger-1, Hallicrafters S-77A, & an 80-meter
open-wire fed dipole, where else CAN you go but up...?!

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK