Re: Topband: Ticked over intentional interference on top band

To: Roger D Johnson <n1rj@roadrunner.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Ticked over intentional interference on top band
From: Eddy Swynar <deswynar@xplornet.ca>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2012 08:07:39 -0500
On 2012-01-21, at 6:32 AM, Roger D Johnson wrote:

> Unfortunately, VE1ZZ has a terrible signal with key clicks out to over1kHz
> from his carrier frequency. Perhaps the other chap had a signal he was
> trying to copy wiped out by ZZ and decided to get even.

Hi Roger,

Sez who...?

Jack's keying may well be a tad on the hard side, but his signal HARDLY emits
"...key clicks out to over 1 KHz from his carrier frequency", IMHO...and I've
copied him at some 30 db.+ over S-9 here, too, so if he was, indeed, "clicky",
I think I'd know...

There seems to be a clique of anal "Kilocycle Klix Kops" on 160-meters that is
obsessed with key clicks, & is quick to condemn---much too quick to condemn,
IMHO---guys like Jack. Far be it for me to suggest that you're a part of that
"elite" group, Roger, but I know from personal experience that "...perception
is reality", and if so-called tribal knowledge on the band has it that Jack is
guilty, then he's been effectively branded as such for life.

It's not fair, & it's not becoming of anyone who aspires to be one in a league
of gentlemen to criticize one's fellows in a medium to which said fellow may
not be a party of, and thus unable to defend himself...I know: I've been there
myself personally, and I did NOT like it.

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK