Re: Topband: Choke Construction Info Needed

To: <philclements@centurylink.net>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Choke Construction Info Needed
From: "ZR" <zr@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 16:01:33 -0400
It all depends upon how much survivability you want, nothing will survive a
direct hit.  Any 1.5 to 2.5 mH choke will suffice, just look at the safety
choke in a commercial amp for the smallest choice.

The big ones are often found in scrapped BCB transmitters and tuning units
as well as show up at hamfests and on Fleabay as old military gear had
various candidates.

Carl
KM1H