Re: Topband: Speculating via Stew posted scores

To: James Rodenkirch <rodenkirch_llc@msn.com>, Top Band Contesting <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Speculating via Stew posted scores
From: Russ Tobolic via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2014 22:46:42 +0000 (UTC)
From another QRP perspective, conditions were pretty miserable from here in
Michigan, "part of the mid-west sorta thang.".  I didn't hear a single Euro,
KH6, or KL7.  I only heard 2 CA  guys but they couldn't pull me out and worked
only 2 in FL which seemed odd.  In the past couple of years I was able to work
G, KH6, and CE1 with my puny 5 W.   I gave up early trying to fight the QRO
guys (especially those with key clicks) and the endless CQ machines which would
look for a response for maybe 500uSec.  I just decided to pound away trying to
get as many 3, 6, and 9 pointers as I could.  I did end up with 228 Q's and and
103 grids.  I operated for a total of 9 hrs: 2200Z - 0500Z and then 1100Z -
1300Z Sunday morning (this old man just can't stay up all night like I used to.)
I'm not sure what K9JWV is looking for, but I put my log into a spreadsheet and
sorted by grid, with the following results:500-1000mi. - 111 Q's,  FM19 was the
most with 13 Q's followed by FN42 with 10 Q's which is probably reflective of
the ham population in those grids1000 - 1500 mi. - 10 Q's1500 - 2000 mi. - 6
Q's2000+ mi. - 2 Q's, NP4X and KV4FZ.
My station consists of a K3, a "T" xmit antenna 62' high with a 144' span on
the top and 64 radials, K9AY loops for RX.
So, if I can stay awake, maybe I'll run into you in the CQ160 the end of Jan.
Russ, N3CO