Re: Topband: My beverage only hears static?

To: terry burge <ki7m@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: My beverage only hears static?
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2018 16:18:58 -0600
Yup. I get emails all the time from people doing just that (I wish they
would ask their Beverage antenna questions here! :-)

Think of a rotatable 20m beam, on a tower and with a rotor. *You have to
point that towards the DX. And the same is true of a Beverage*, phased
vertical arrays, K9AY loop, flag, etc. I should answer this latest
I-wanna-Beverage ham using that comparison, and maybe he'll finally get it.
He wants to weave an insulated wire through a 15' high chain-link fence.

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com