Re: Topband: 2 wire reversible Beverage

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 2 wire reversible Beverage
From: "List Mail" <mail10@barefoothorse.com.au>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2020 18:34:10 +1000
I followed the instructions on the W0BTU website, which gave me all the information I needed to set up three, two-wire Beverages here.

I found the easiest wire to work with for the baluns is what I stripped out of two-pair indoor telephone wire. It has four colours PVC insulation on thin solid copper wire, so there is no issue identifying which winding is which! The advantage of the thin PVC insulated wire is both ease of identification and little risk of nicking the insulation as it passes through the (conductive) ferrite cores.

For the Beverage wires, I used 3.0 mm heavy galvanised high-tensile steel fencing wire. A 1500 m (nearly a mile) coil plus a bit did the job. Spacing is about 40 mm (about 1.5"). All the hardware is electric fence stuff, I bought at the local (rural) hardware store.

73,

Luke VK3HJ

-----Original Message----- From: Fred Moeves