Re: Topband: Quarter wave sloper ?

To: "jim.thom jim.thom@telus.net" <jim.thom@telus.net>, "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Quarter wave sloper ?
From: "Mark, PA5MW via Topband" <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2024 09:46:36 +0200
We used two ¼ wave slopers 160m at PI4TUE for some 15years successfully.
Connection was at 60m height(200ft). Metal of the building (University of
Technology Eindhoven) served als counterpart.

Please note: both our slopers were directional, NOT in the direction of the
slope but perpendicular to that.
We had one sloping dir USA, which was great for Asia/JA  and one sloping dir JA
which was our USA antenna 😊

Both worked very well. Even at 100W.

Unfortunately the PI4TUE site was closed end of 2014.
Still miss all those years, spending long weekends on the 13th floor,
especially ARRL contest served us very well.
Nothing lasts forever.

73 Mark, PA5MW

Sent from Mail for Windows