Re: Topband: N5J

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: N5J
From: WW3S <ww3s@zoominternet.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2024 23:59:28 +0000
test, me thinks my account bounced

------ Original Message ------
From "EUGENE GABRY via Topband" <topband@contesting.com>
To "GEORGE WALLNER" <aa7jv@atlanticbb.net>; "160" <topband@contesting.com>
Date 8/10/2024 8:19:34 AM
Subject Re: Topband: N5J

George,

Heard you this morning (08/10/24) about 45 minutes before local sunrise (10:15
to ~10:45UTC) for about 30 minutes.
Noise floor here was running S3-S5 and you were right in that noise floor most
of the time. Only a TX antenna, no RX
antenna. Although some would say my TX antenna is more of an RX antenna!
Parallel inverted L wire tied to feed point
of 6BTV 25' vertical to knee, 107' horizontal heading SW. Tried a few times to
call you but you were working mostly JA at the time.
I need to get up earlier for a better try! At least your signal was heard in
TN. EM66IJ!
Will try to stay up until 08:00 utc this time instead of relying on alarm to
wake me!

73 and GL,
Gene, N9TF
Clarksville, TN