[TowerTalk] Vertical-What wire to use for radials

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Vertical-What wire to use for radials
From: Ron Stordahl [N5IN]" <ron.stordahl@digikey.com (Ron Stordahl [N5IN])
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 14:01:16 -0500
This is a reposting.  I sent my original posting in HTML format.  Apparently
this is a no no!  Here
is PLAIN TEXT!

Waiting till the last minute, isn't that when the best antennas are put up?

My question - what would be suitable for radials for my 80 meter Rohn 25 +
tubing full size vertical?  Is there any problem with using uninsulated
copper?  Such as 20 ga?  I plan on a minimum of 64 1/4 wave radials laid
right on the ground.  I am counting on the grass covering them up next
season.

Ron N5IN