[TowerTalk] Cushcraft baluns / lousy customer service

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Cushcraft baluns / lousy customer service
From: n3rr@erols.com (Bill Hider)
Date: Sat, 07 Nov 1998 13:03:33 -0500
I use HiGain BN-4000 Baluns on my stacked pair of 40-2CDs. Easy to
attach, polarity easily matched, works with high power, works fine.  I
also use the BN-4000 on most, but not all, of my HiGain monobanders.  On
three of them I use the choke coil coax as described in the handbook.
Check out the chart in the ARRL Handbook for the coil diameter and # of
turns for the band of interest and for the discussion why you need these
to match a balanced antenna to an unbalanced transmission line.  Someone
asked this in a previous posting.

Bill, N3RR