[TowerTalk] Oil for dummy load

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Oil for dummy load
From: ww5l@gte.net (Tom Anderson)
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 14:57:28 -0600
David, Stu:

Just to show you how much the EPA, State of Texas, and local cities
fear/whatever
transformer oil.  A few yeas ago a car (a new BMW) hit a power pole on the next
block from where we live, knocked the pole over and sent the transformer into
the
street where it cracked open from the impact.  The city hired a hazmat company
who
came out dug down and scooped up the pavement for several inches by about 100
feet
long and hauled the dirt away and then wrapped the car (some of the transformer
oil had splashed on it) like a cocoon, all the while the hazmat, fire
department,
police were all dressed in their white and green bubble suits with self
contained
breathing apparatus strapped to their backs.

Tom, WW5L