[Towertalk] Knots

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Knots
From: n8de@thepoint.net (Don Havlicek)
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 17:56:36 -0500
Jerry,
That's called the 'jam knot', but there is a better version, known as
the 'improved jam knot', which I use for fishing and many other purposes.
To tie the 'improved jam knot', do exactly as you start, but then pass
the end of the line, first through the loop at the 'weight' as you did,
then through the new loop form in the line end between to top of the
twists and the weight.  Then carefully pull to tighten all.  [Only about
5 or 6 twists are required, and the strength is almost 99% of the line
itself.]
Don
N8DE