[TowerTalk] grounding

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] grounding
From: wes@attawayinterests.com (Wes Attaway (N5WA))
Date: Tue May 20 23:21:47 2003
Pete makes a good point, up to a point.  I do not believe "low
inductance grounding" is an issue in the single-point grounding
scheme problem.  Reasonable attention with decent sized wire and
copper strap will suffice for the purpose of controlling the
problem of imbalances in potential at different ground points.
Low-inductance questions are mainly associated with RF grounding,
which is much different from tieing various gound points
together.  Going from a second floor room to ground for the
purpose of a so-called DC ground is not much of a problem.  Your
coax should be grounded near the ground out at the tower, and
maybe again just outside the house before coming up to the second
floor, so I don't think it would much of an issue as far as the
second floor goes. DC grounding and RF grounding problems are two
different animals.