Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor replacement

To: <w2up@mindspring.com>, <Towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor replacement
From: "FireBrick" <w9ol@billnjudy.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 12:44:07 -0600
Barry
When I had to do this for a friend.
I used 3 of the Home Depot type squeeze bar clamps.
The kind a carpenter would use to clamp boards together.
The bar is approx 12" and I put the far end around the mast, and back end
around the tower tube.
One for each tube.
Then I removed the rotor.
the mast stayed perfectly centered in the tower as I put the replacement
rotor in.

Just remember to put the clamps on BEFORE removing rotor. lol

If I had to leave them there for a extended time, I would have used some tie
wire or tape around the clamp/tower tube to prevent them from falling.