[TowerTalk] Earth Anchors

To: "S. J. Blackwell" <w5lu@hotmail.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Earth Anchors
From: WK6F <wk6f@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 22:32:19 -0800
I'm planning on using earth anchors for 100 feet of Rohn 25. The soil at my place is pretty hard and somewhat rocky. I'm thinking that regular earth anchors (screw in type) are going to be difficult to install, especially for one person.

I've seen two other types: duck-bill and something that looks like an arrowhead. Both are simply driven in using a long rod, and then the attaching cable is pulled. This "sets" the anchor. Looks interesting.

Anyone using these? They have sizes that claim to have comparable pull strengths (4000 - 6000 lbs.) to regular anchors. Seems like an easier way to go..

Thanks for any comments.

Ken WK6F