[TowerTalk] RF Connectors

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RF Connectors
From: "John Sloop" <jsloop@austin.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 11:13:40 -0600
I'm looking for recommendations on RF connectors to use on dipole
element wires at the center insulator.  In the Jan QST 30 amp Power Pole
connectors were suggested, but my experience is that they lack a firm
locking grip when the connectors are plugged into each other.  I've
thought about barrel plug connectors used in automotive work.  I want a
firm positive connection that is quickly disconnectable  for changing
elements.  The connector does not need to support any tensil strength as
that load is transferred via cable thimbles and quick links.

Thanks in advance for your insight, experience and suggestions.

John S., AA0ES