Re: [TowerTalk] 75 meter antenna

To: "Joe Barnes" <n4jbk@bellsouth.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 75 meter antenna
From: "D. Scott MacKenzie" <kb0fhp@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 22:54:41 -0400
Personally - I would recommend a full size 75M loop.  About 254 feet, with a
1/4 section of 75 ohm coax, plus a random length of 50 ohm - and you are
ready to rock.  Setting up as a triangle, with each corner set up on the
tower as high as you can, and bring the other corner down will make a
dynamite antenna for close in contacts - I use this antenna for Field Day,
in nearly an identical configuration, and able to hold a frequency and run
stations for hours using only 100 watts.  It is also readily made into a
multiband antenna if you use ladder line...easy to match, gain, and simple!

de KBOFHP
Scott