[TowerTalk] 80 m delta loop

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] 80 m delta loop
From: "Geert Hofman" <Geert_Hofman@Jabil.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 10:37:28 -0000
Hi,

Some weeks ago I posted a question regarding my 80 m delta loop .

I finally decided to go the "easy way" and cut off about 10 meters, to get it
to resonance in the 80 m band

It's now resonant around 3.650 Mhz and by replacing the "tuning bit of wire" I
can get it up or down.

Made this morning my first QSO with K1 land, so I am happy.... ( although I
only got 449, whilst I read him with real 559, but am running only 100 Watts)

Out of curiosity though I modeled the antenna via MMANA but get very strange
results...

I assume there are more knowledgeable people on this group, who can tell me
what really to expect.

I made a small drawing below ...

                                                *

                        21 meter         *     *         21 meter

                                         *              *

                                      *                    *

                                  *                            *° FEEDPOINT

                               * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

                                        42 meter

Apex height is only 10 meter and baseline wire of 42 meter is only 2 meter from
the ground.

Feedpoint is very close to the corner , but was measured for around 3.600 MHz,
so pretty much in line with current resonance of 3.650 MHz

Soil is average to good.

Would like to hear what take off angle with max gain I can expect and some idea
of the radiation pattern.

Thanks for helping me out and hopefully we meet somewhere on 80 ( CW or BPSK )

73's - ON4IG - OQ5A

Gerry