Re: [TowerTalk] How do you separate aluminium tubes that are stucktogeth

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] How do you separate aluminium tubes that are stucktogether ?
From: Doug Renwick <ve5ra@sasktel.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 09:53:05 -0600
Below is the best method.  I have used PVC tubing as a ram rod with good
results.

Doug/VA5DX

A method I've used with excellent results is to lubricate the aluminum
tubes as best as possible, then hammer the end of the stuck tube from
the inside of the larger tube.  This can be done with a slightly smaller
diameter tube that slides easily inside the larger diameter tubing.

I suggest you do not twist the tubes, there's a significant risk of
galling and cold welding the tubes if you do.

73!
Frank
W3LPL

26/11/2006 11:30 AM