Re: [TowerTalk] radials

To: <k4fj@aol.com>, "Towertalk e-Goups" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] radials
From: "Dave - AB7E" <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 18:24:47 -0700
I haven't had the need to use one for a long time, but at least here in Arizona
it used to be possible to rent a small gas-engine powered Ditch Witch trencher
designed specifically for laying PVC lawn sprinkler lines.  It was built kind
of like a roto-tiller with a handle and two wheels, and with digging blades
between the two wheels that cut about a two inch wide trench several inches
deep.  If you held the handle such that the blades only dug an inch or so deep,
you would be able to cut the groove as fast as you are able to walk.  They
don't work well at all in rocky ground like at my current QTH but they are very
easy to use in decent soil, and I've seen them work well even in hard ground if
there aren't rocks.  I think it would at least be worth checking your local
rental places to check.

73,
Dave   AB7E