[TowerTalk] Attic Based Antennas

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Attic Based Antennas
From: "Dave Tipton, W5DMT" <dave@w5dmt.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 08:35:20 -0500
I'm looking for ideas for an antenna that could be used on 75M with
reasonable results, can be mounted in an attic of a small townhouse.  I'm
guessing total dimensions won't be more than 40 x 20 with a 6 to 8 foot
heigh in the middle.

I'm moving to Boulder for a year to work a project and really don't want to
cease my net activities on 80, especially going into the winter months.  No
matter how I slice it, I'm just not getting any inspiration.

I've figured out that a Alpha Delta DX-EE can cover the other bands pretty
well.  I just keep drawing a blank on 80M.  The other thing, is I'd like to
be able to run up to about 300Watts, and that doesn't appear to be a very
good idea anywhere I read.  About the only thing I've seen that comes close
to claiming it would work is an ISOTRON, and there is so much conflicting
info out there on that one.

Thanks,
Dave

Dave Tipton, W5DMT --  <http://www.w5dmt.com/> http://www.w5dmt.com

(940) 239-7368 or (214) 690-2512

Has it really been 25 years of Ham Radio fun?