Re: [TowerTalk] Attic Based Antennas

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Attic Based Antennas
From: "Jim Hargrave" <w5ifp@gvtc.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 11:32:50 -0500
Dave,

There are several antennas that work well in limited space. A mobile
Screwdriver for one.

I would suggest you look at the DDRR antenna. It can be erected in a very
small space.
you can use wires for the two elements (Ground and driven element). When
completed it looks like a large HALO which is used a lot for 6M mobile.
a 75 M version is approximately 18ft in diameter with a 2ft spacing between
the ground ring and the driven ring. You can also make the sides square like
the typical Squalo. You can increase the band width by using large diameter
(4in) driven ring, which you can make it with 4 wires and a square spacer.
You can build the antenna at home and test it on the ground in your back
yard.

I built a 10M version and mounted it on top of a van. I had excellent
results for years, until the band faded.

     73's Jim
      W5IFP