Re: [TowerTalk] 15 meter yagi height for 6000 miles

To: <k6uj@pacbell.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 15 meter yagi height for 6000 miles
From: Guy Molinari <guy_molinari@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2012 00:53:48 +0000
It all depends on the terrain surrounding your station Bob.   HFTA takes your
terrain profile and provides a "figure of merit" given your antenna gain and
height.   You can move the antenna height until you find the optimum result
given these factors as well as the incoming/outgoing angles to the targeted
area.   In this case it is the Carribean.

So, bottom line.   Use the MicroDem and other tools to get your terrain
profile.   That is the hard part.   The rest is easy.

73,
Guy N7ZG