Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna/Tower work safety - Lyme Disease safety Don't fr

To: <ai.egrps@gmail.com>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna/Tower work safety - Lyme Disease safety Don't froget Bee's
From: Wayne Kline <w3ea@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 17:27:42 -0400
Lyme Disease, is s serious concern for anybody working walking in a wooded area
or any tower located in a grounf brush area.An ounce of protection is worth a
pound cure. But as warmer weather is apron us, My major concern is  from the
Stinging flying critters.  not fun as you  are climbing over a tic ring or
around  a swing gate .MY worse experience was from a sema box  used as a
Prop-Pitch Selsyin wire junction tie box. and  just above the rung  I was stand
on.Well thank  GOD it was a Bee nest - as the ones that were up my Jeans could
only Sting me Once as I crushed them between the material and my calf ankle
area.This was on a old  Air Motor free standing tower,  Lesson learned. always
examine any area for Bee/Wasp nesting area and carry a can of bug kill as you
go aloft. Be Safe. Wayne W3EA  > From: ai.egrps@gmail.com